What is Microsoft Authenticator?
Microsoft Authenticator is a mobile app developed by Microsoft that provides an additional layer of security for your online accounts. Microsoft Authenticator adds an extra layer of security beyond just a username and password. After you enter your password, the app generates a time-sensitive security code, often in the form of a six-digit number. Microsoft Authenticator application includes various authentication methods such as log-in approvals, single-use passcode generation, push notifications and password-less. The app can be used on Android and iOS devices.
What makes Microsoft Authenticator strong?
- Provides an additional layer of security.
- Has an easy to use User Interface (UI).
- Can be used as a 2FA method for other products such as Google, Firefox, Amazon etc.
- Synchronises your passwords with Microsoft Edge for autocompletion or browsing passwords in your phone.
- Time-Based One-Time Passwords (TOTP)
- Credential Management
- Access Management
- User Management
- Push Notifications
- Account Verification