What is GitLab?
GitLab is an open source code repository maintained by GitLab Inc. GitLab is the DevOps platform which is a single application that covers all aspects of software development. It enables businesses to work in a single program that maximizes the overall return which speeds up the workflow of delivering software. GitLab provides repository for online code storage as well as ability to track issues and continuous integration and continuous delivery features. It also enhances security and compliance.
What makes GitLab strong?
- It allows team members to colloborate in all phases of the project
- It allows the team to work in a single application that covers all aspects of software development
- Free to use for individuals
- GitLab allows developers to automate their entire DevOps lifecycle.
- GitLab assists developers with built in security testing
- GitLab gives developers a place to store and manage your git repositories in a safe way.
- GitLab's Kanban boards make it easy to give tasks to team members, keep track of them, and find out what's going on with them.
- Automated Testing
- Continuous Deployment
- Project Time Tracking
- Software Development
- Source-Code Scanning
- Multi Programming Languages
- Auto Scaling
- Third Party Integrations
- Customizable Templates
- Kanban Board
- KPI Monitoring