What is CrashPlan?
CrashPlan is a cloud-based backup service that provides users with the ability to back up their files to the cloud, offering protection against data loss due to hardware failure, accidental deletion, or other unforeseen events.
CrashPlan for Small Business became the primary offering for individuals and businesses seeking cloud backup services. The business-oriented plans continued to provide features like continuous backup, file versioning, and the option for both cloud and local backups. CrashPlan for Small Business also catered to the needs of organizations with multiple users and devices.
What makes CrashPlan strong?
- CrashPlan offered continuous, automatic backup of files and data. This means that as files were modified or added, the changes were backed up in near-real-time.
- CrashPlan provided versioning capabilities, allowing users to restore previous versions of files. This was useful in scenarios where users needed to recover an earlier state of a file.
- Users had the option to back up their data both locally (to a connected external drive, for example) and to the CrashPlan cloud. This dual backup approach added redundancy and flexibility.
- CrashPlan is compatible with different operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. This made it versatile for users with diverse computing environments.
- The service implemented security features to protect user data during transmission and storage. This typically included encryption to safeguard data from unauthorized access.
- Users could manage their backup settings, monitor the status of backups, and perform restores through a web-based management console.
- CrashPlan for Small Business allowed users to back up multiple devices under a single account, making it convenient for individuals and businesses with multiple users.
- The service was designed to scale for the needs of businesses, accommodating an increasing number of users and devices.
- Users could customize their backup preferences by excluding or including specific files and folders, providing flexibility in the backup process.
- Continuous Backup
- File Versioning
- Local and Cloud Backup
- Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Security Measures
- Web-Based Management Console
- Multiple Device Support
- File Exclusions and Inclusions
7-Day Free Trial
14-Day Free Trial
30-Day Free Trial